Sunday 31 July 2016

Chest Infection / C.O.P.D. Memory Issues

I've been having a bad time with my breathing for just over a week now. I went to see my GP on Wednesday 27th July and, he put me on a course of Amoxicillin Antibiotics and Prednisolone steroids. I've got 1 more days supply of Antibiotics and I feel just as bad as before taking them. I think I will have to go back again this week to see the GP.
My breathing is bad. When in bed, I have to sit bolt up right or lay side-ways over pillows. I sit down and my breathing is still bad and I'm worse still when I start to walk around.
The trouble with steroids is, they give me energy and I want to do something. I have been keeping myself busy here and there doing light chores well, as much as I'm able to do that is. Although, early hours Thursday morning, I just couldn't sleep and I done something really stupid and cleaned out my oven...in stages that proved to be agonizing for me and, I wished I had never started on flipping oven. Something I never do is over do things and what did I do, forgot myself and over done it! It was really a bad move on my part, that's for sure! But, I go through it although I was really more than breathless at the time but, I wanted to get it finished.
Yesterday, afternoon (Saturday) was the first time I had slept properly since Thursday. 
I have started to come down off the steroids now and should be back to normal soon... hopefully!

Medication for Chest Infection/C.O.P.D.

Prednisolone 5mg tabs

Date         Day                Dose
26/7       Tuesday            4*
27/7       Wednesday      4*
28/7       Thursday         4*
29/7       Friday              4*
30/7       Saturday          3*
31/7       Sunday             3*
01/8       Monday            3
02/8       Tuesday            2
03/8       Wednesday      1    

Amoxicillin 500 mg 21 cap   1 x 3 Times a day

26/7     Tuesday                       10:15am          3:30pm       7:30pm
27/7     Wednesday                 6:50am           3:10pm       8:30pm          
28/7     Thursday                     6:30am           1:45pm       6:pm
29/7     Friday                           6:45am           1:15pm        7:pm
30/7     Saturday                      6:30am          1: 30pm      7:pm 
31/7      Sunday                         8:40am          2:30pm  
01/8     Monday 

PEAK-FLOW 300 which is normal for me.

I'm not sure if this is a chest Infection or not myself, it could be C.O.P.D. I just assumed it to be a Chest Infection. 
It feels like the bottom of my diaphragm isn't working properly, it feels so tight, wheezing and difficulty breathing out and getting my breath, wheezing badly. Being my Peak-Flow is 300 that's what makes me think it is C.O.P.D. and not Asthma, if the Peak-Flow was lower, then I might think Asthma!? Maybe! 
I have no cough, no cold. I feel tired/fatigued most of the time or, lethargic. Good and bad days here and there. I can't sleep. I have trouble sleeping when on steroids because they have always done that to me...
************************************************************************************

Memory Issues!

I have written about all my memory issues before, but I had deleted them along with other posts that I think should have kept, things that have been happening to me in my life over the years.
My memory is long term mostly, sometimes, my short term memory seems to be there a couple of seconds then its gone and other times seems to be ok. These past few weeks my short term memory has been all over the place, quite mild really, but has been there just the same. This is due to 'Chiari Malformation' which isn't so bad since I have been taking Pregabalin 75mg since I was diagnosed in 2006 with Chiari. I still have mild issues as mentioned.

I think I will have keep a diary on these issues as they crop up as I have problem's talking about them at one time if asked. I always make lists anyway when I go to the Drs or shopping, so why not keep a diary of health issues as well...If I can remember to do so that is.

Another issue that has been bothering me for such a long while is this...
When I walk my lower spine seems to drag with pain and I can hardly put one foot in front of the other, like someone with Parkinsons, not that I'm saying its Parkinsons, just explaining how it feels, feels like shuffled steps is what I mean and spine and neck hurts then too. I don't seem to get far before I find myself in trouble breathing and walking ability is limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.