Wednesday 27 March 2024

My Confirmation Day 26th February 2024

I feeling so ecstatic 
I was confirmed into my church yesterday evening 26th February 2024 I must say it
was such a wonderful experience.

I'm still in awe about the confirmation service yesterday evening and being confirmed, it all felt sureal, I feel so happy about it all and of all the attention I got, it was a massive surprise to me. I know I sound a bit conceited talking about my own feelings knowing 4 other people 2 adults and 2 boys were confirmed as well as myself and I know they all feel the same. 
Fr.Martin helped me up to the alter as I'm so unsteady on my legs.

Everything the Bishop was saying about how he feels like being a Christian, that's exactly how I feel inside too. It felt like my words how I feel inside were coming out of his mouth. So I'm on the right track. 
Talking about me again 🙄 I felt like I was at home and they're all my family. I feel so proud of myself. I hope that don't sound conceited of me. 
I got 9 confirmation cards which surprised me, I didnt expect any of that, and I was issued a confirmation certificate.

I will always remember this wonderful evening. We had a celebration after and there was a wonderful cake with all of our 5 names on, which again I didn't expect. 
There were quite a lot of photos taken of us all with the Bishop and Fr.Martin. 
I'll never ever forget that wonderful evening.

I will get some photos when I go to church again which will be this coming Thursday 29th February as its Stations Of The Cross. 
I've been along to one of these services before, unfortunately I couldn't go too often to these services as I don't live that near to my church and it would cost to much by cab for me to attend more than one service a week, but i do try to make the effort, plus theres my health to consider too. I prefer my church to others as I feel so comfortable and at home as I know everyone who attends the church. 

Sandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.